> On 22 Oct 2018, at 9:42 pm, Ryan Sleevi <sle...@google.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 12:27 AM Geoff Keating <geo...@apple.com
> <mailto:geo...@apple.com>> wrote:
> [redirecting discussion to cabfpub]
>
> Geoff,
>
> While I'm always one to appreciate public discussion, I want to highlight that
> 1) A member already expressed concern with redirecting to our public list
> 2) Our bylaws make it clear that there's an established process - 6.2 - to
> deal with questions and proposed responses, which occurs on the management
> list. This was also mentioned earlier on the thread in the previous
> discussion.
> 3) Our bylaws explicitly make it clear that these discussions happen on the
> management@ list (5.1(d))
> 4) Our bylaws also state, in 5.1 "Members are strongly discouraged from
> posting the text of Member Mail List messages to the Public Mail List without
> the permission of the author or commenter.”

Oops!  Sorry about that.  I believe we have this discussion every time; what
happens is that I expect it to work the way you mention above, but I also
remember that last time I did it wrong, and so I do it the opposite way to the
way I think is correct, in the hope that this time I’ll get it right, and I
don’t, and the cycle repeats.

Frankly, our Bylaws are too complicated for me to operate reliably, and given
that it seems like half of our discussions are about how we’re not properly
following them, I do not feel I am alone in this.