Austin, Dennis, and Milan have identified the following issues with current
Pulp3 REST API design:
- Action endpoints are problematic.
- Example POST@/importers/<plugin>/sync/
- They are non-RESTful and would make client code tightly coupled
with the server code.
- These endpoints are inconsistent with the other parts of the REST
- DRF is not being used as intended for action endpoints so we have
to implement extra code. (against the grain)
- We don't have a convention for where plug-in-specific, custom
repository version creation endpoints.
- example POST@/api/v3/<where?>/docker/add/
- needs to be discoverable through the schema
- For direct repository version creation, plugins are not involved.
- validation correctness problem: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3541
- example: POST@/api/v3/repositories/<repository_id>/versions/
We would like to get feedback on these issues being sound and worth
resolving before we resume particular solution discussion.
Austin, Dennis, and Milan
Pulp-dev mailing list