   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/448
   - [mikedep333] to review the PR
   -

   CI failing -
   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/runs/1185310416#step:7:2174 -
   already addressed

https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/commit/45827312f87c5d5fb88e01f206d27e5d813a85fd
   -

   The majority of the issues at NEW are from the installer team, and most
   of them have been carried from multiple sprints ago -
   https://pulp.plan.io/agile/board?query_id=151
   - [dkliban] schedule a meeting for next week to go through the backlog
      of issues - https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues?query_id=162
      (this query is only for the installer, container and operator
not included)
   -

   molecule has dropped python2 support since March, and we are using an
   ancient version in our CI that lacks support for collections on many levels.
   - Can we drop python2 support in the installer? (The software we are
      installing doesn’t have it.)
      - https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule/issues/2629
      - https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule/pull/
      - Mike: This is about the control node (management node), not the
      managed node.
      - Mike: Many control nodes will have Ansible installed via Python2.
         -

         If an EL7 control (management) node user just does “sudo yum
         install ansible”, as the Ansible 2.10 install docs say to do

<https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/installation_guide/intro_installation.html#installing-ansible-on-rhel-centos-or-fedora>,
         they’ll have python2 ansible.
         -

         Many orgs have large, 3rd-party, Python 2 stacks. e.g., installed
         under /opt or an NFS share. I’ve seen this in the ML,
experienced this IRL.
         -

         If a Mac user runs pip, they get python2, pip3 is a stub.
         <https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/376081> If a Mac user follows the
         Ansible 1st party install instructions

<https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/installation_guide/intro_installation.html#installing-ansible-on-macos>,
         they use Python2.
         -

         If an Ubuntu user follows their Ubuntu install instructions
         (install from PPA), they get python2 also. (Tested on 18.04)
         -

         If a Mac / EL7 / Ubuntu 18.04 user follows the Ansible pip install
         instructions

<https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/installation_guide/intro_installation.html#installing-ansible-with-pip>,
         they use Python2.
         - All good arguments to bring to the molecule team
               - https://github.com/ansible-community/molecule/issues/2764
            - Mike: Can we just not test Python2 anymore with Molecule?
         - What we don’t test, we don’t support. +1
         - Can we drop to use molecule and test with vagrant only?
            - We can use py3 with molecule and install one vagrant box with
            py2
            this is blocked by
            https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/440
         - Can molecule on py3 use ansible on py2?
         - Travis resources will be overwhelmed with running the vagrant
         box tests (approximately 9 out of 17) with every pulp_installer PR.
         - New org only for installers repos?

--

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His