Developers,

We will soon have two betas (2.6.3 and 2.7.0) being tested concurrently. If you
need to make a code change to the 2.6.3 beta, which will be in the 2.6-testing
branch, please talk to me first to confirm the correct base commit on which to
make your changes. If I'm not available, ask on this email list or on IRC for
another developer to sanity-check the base you've chosen.

See "git merge-base --help" for help on choosing a base.

Starting from the correct base will ensure that your changes merge cleanly to
all of the correct places, which can be more difficult than you might expect
when betas are involved.

Thanks!
Michael