Bryce,

You can perform a mongo dump on the 2.7 install and a mongo restore on the
2.12 install. Then you can connect to mongo using mongo shell and remove
everything except for the following collections:

'content_types'
'repos'
'repo_distributors'
'repo_importers'
'migration_trackers'
'users'
'roles'
'permissons'

You will then want to run the pulp-manage-db (from 2.12) command to make
sure that the collections are in the correct state for working with 2.12.
You may also be able to just transfer these collections from one mongo to
another mongo without doing  a full mongo dump and restore. However, I
don't have good instructions for that.

-Dennis