*Test Day August 8/8/2017*
*Build - 2.14 rc*
Email announcements about the event were sent well in advance. We were able
to get 3 participants from the community which is a big win from last year
when we had 0 community participation
*What went well:*
We had 3 participants from the community (milkman, cixil & mxey). All of
the participants had challenges with installing pulp on their test systems.
This was in part due to pulp 2.14 not working on Fedora 26. We were not
aware of the issue while writing the Test Day plan  and had announced it
as one of the supported operating systems. Once identified the test day
plan doc was updated. Pulp-QE was able to get everyone onboard quickly. So
we able to engage the participants and continue testing. This was also a
good exercise for Pulp-QE to get some testing done and verify fixed issues
for Pulp 2.14
I also want to give a shout out to Elijah- the pulp QE intern for taking
ownership of the test day and making it a successful event.
The following issues were verified
The following issue was reproduced on 2.14 and updated
Following new Issues were filed.
*What did not go well and suggestions for improvement:-*
* Community participation and engagement
- Explore ideas to attract more community participation.
* The onboarding experience could be better
- Coming up with a better plan to get get test systems easily will help
us to make use of the test day more effectively
- Come up with a better plan to list what need to be tested
- We had a broad list of how to participate
- It may be more beneficial to come up with more detailed tasks and
group them into sections.
Pulp-list mailing list