On Wed May 6 17:51:53 UTC 2020 Anton Lundin wrote:

Chrome AGC works just fine for alot of people in a bunch of different scenarios. AGC over
all can be a bit tricky but calling it "buggy in anything based on Chromium" is
a big stretch. Just because it doesn't work as you expect doesn't mean that its broken
for everyone.

Sorry, what I meant was that anything based on Chromium exhibits this same bug
*for me*. So my point is that for my needs there is no workaround by simply
using a different browser, given that most VoIP apps are coded for
Chrome(ium)'s specific WebRTC implementation and/or wrapped into Electron which
is also Chromium based. (There are indeed many unhandled bug reports with very
large numbers of users reporting the same issue on Chrome and Chromium's bug
trackers, but that's extraneous to this list.)

I'd suggest a workaround, like loading a module-remap-source without a remap,
that just wraps your source, and then the AGC can pull that source to 100%
volume without touching the underlying source.

That makes sense. Any implementation tips or links perchance? Thanks a lot.