Stefan Czinczoll wrote:
>> I'd imagine your problems relate in some capacity to the emu10k1
>> driver/card but I'm not overly familiar with this h/w so perhaps other
>> users here may have more info.
>
> The driver worked flawlessly until about four weeks ago, when changes to
> pulseaudio went into cooker.

Hmmm, so it worked fine *with* pulse or worked fine with regular alsa?

> The soundcard was also recommended in some groups due to good linux software
> support - which was the very reason I bought this model.

I'm sure it's a good card. IIRC it does some funny things with mmap. And
does some weird channel joining thing (/me shows how little he knows
about this here). I'm sure I've read about problems with that card
before e.g
https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2007-November/000968.html
but it's definitely possible to get it working.  I just don't know what,
in particular, could be the problem. Perhaps other uses with emu10k1 can
give some advice?

Col