Thanks for the followup!  I'm off Fedora for the moment, but I'll hop
back and try the newer version soon.  I'll also give your advice in #1
a shot.

Regarding the "always visible event slider":  that's very good for the
system events, but the problem comes when we install programs that do
not subscribe to Pulseaudio's event categories, but still play short
event-like sounds.  (ex., Skype).  Some sort of minimum timeout for
removing a stream, even after it's finished playing perhaps (ex., all
streams stick around at least 30 seconds before disappearing) could
remedy that.