PA version is 0.9.22, udev support is build, hal support not.
Also now Im not in front of the "test" system, so I can't know if it's
producing sound, but I get this:

[kong...@kongoni ~]$ pasuspender bash
[kong...@kongoni ~]$ speaker-test -D hw:0 -c 2

speaker-test 1.0.23

Playback device is hw:0
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 8 to 16384
Period size range from 8 to 16384
Using max buffer size 16384
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 4096
was set buffer_size = 16384
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 5.444608
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 6.004962
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right

pacmd list:

>>> [kong...@kongoni ~]$ pacmd list
Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
>>> Memory blocks currently allocated: 1, size: 64.0 KiB.
Memory blocks allocated during the whole lifetime: 1156, size: 3.8 MiB.
Memory blocks imported from other processes: 0, size: 0 B.
Memory blocks exported to other processes: 0, size: 0 B.
Total sample cache size: 0 B.
Default sample spec: s16le 2ch 48000Hz
Default channel map: front-left,front-right
Default sink name: alsa_output.hw_0
Default source name: alsa_input.hw_0
Memory blocks of type POOL: 1 allocated/1 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type POOL_EXTERNAL: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type APPENDED: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type USER: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type FIXED: 0 allocated/1155 accumulated.
Memory blocks of type IMPORTED: 0 allocated/0 accumulated.
20 module(s) loaded.
    index: 0
name: <module-device-restore>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute state of
devices"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 1
name: <module-stream-restore>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute/device state of
streams"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 2
name: <module-card-restore>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Automatically restore profile of cards"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 3
name: <module-augment-properties>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Augment the property sets of streams with additional
static information"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 4
name: <module-alsa-sink>
argument: <device=hw:0>
used: 0
load once: no
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "ALSA Sink"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 5
name: <module-alsa-source>
argument: <device=hw:0>
used: 0
load once: no
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "ALSA Source"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 6
name: <module-udev-detect>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Detect available audio hardware and load matching
drivers"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 7
name: <module-bluetooth-discover>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Joao Paulo Rechi Vita"
module.description = "Detect available bluetooth audio devices and load
bluetooth audio drivers"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 8
name: <module-esound-protocol-unix>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: no
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "ESOUND protocol (UNIX sockets)"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 9
name: <module-native-protocol-unix>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: no
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Native protocol (UNIX sockets)"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 10
name: <module-gconf>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "GConf Adapter"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 11
name: <module-default-device-restore>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Automatically restore the default sink and source"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 12
name: <module-rescue-streams>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "When a sink/source is removed, try to move their
streams to the default sink/source"
module.version = "0.9.22"
    index: 13
name: <module-always-sink>
argument: <>
used: -1
load once: yes
properties:
module.author = "Colin Guthrie"
module.description = "Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it's a
null one"
module.version = "0.9.22"

Can't paste everything... too big :)