On 2011-04-05 22:57, Colin Guthrie wrote:
'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 05/04/11 13:03 did gyre and gimble:
As I discussed with Tanu Kaskinen yesterday, we should do something
about when one profile path prevents another from using the hw volume
capabilities. However, with Ubuntu a few weeks from release, I went for
the workaround approach and created a separate profile for the devices
instead to minimise regression potential.
So, until this is fixed the right way, feel free to use the attached patch.

Bug reference:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/671560

While I appreciate this is a work around, is it worth committing
(especially to stable-queue) in the short term?

We'll likely push out stable-queue very soon. If you've got a fairly
recent snapshot for Ubuntu already, then bumping the version to 0.9.23
should be uncontroversial (tho' version bumps may still be banned by
policy regardless).

What do you think?

Col

Good question. Maybe it would make more sense for distro maintainers than upstream. I guess it also depends on when someone actually makes the fix the right way :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic