On May 18, 2011, at 2:01 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Jorge Eduardo Candelaria at 18/05/11 07:22 did gyre
> and gimble:

>>> Hi Jorge,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in your jack detection code, when do you decide to send
>>> it out? :-)
>>
>> Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it :). I plan to send the new patches
>> tomorrow
>> if all goes well with testing.
>
> Have you spoken with David about this off-list by any chance?
>
> As I mentioned previously, we have quite specific needs for jack
> detection for it to be accepted so I hope further discussions have
> happened or that you have managed to be super awesome and make it all
> "just work" as we want it, otherwise more tweaks will be ultimately be
> needed :)

Somehow I missed your reply yesterday, sorry I didn't answer.

I submitted about an hour ago a new set of patches for jack detection code. I
believe
this set should be alright since it only provides the basic functionality
without
being majorly intrusive. I'm not trying to make it all just work atm, only
provide
a basis to continue working on and advance the discussion.

I have incorporated some changes based on the comments made through this list,
and the
more complicated and specific code can be incorporated in incremental patches.

Regards,
Jorge