As you may know, we have been shipping releases of the Puppet Platform
roughly monthly since Puppet Platform 5 shipped in June of 2017. In an
effort to increase visibility around upcoming releases, we’ll be
communicating our plans (subject to change) here, starting with next
month’s Puppet Platform 5.5.0 release.

*Scope*

The scope for Puppet Platform 5.5.0 includes features, improvements, and
bug fixes. Code for this release should land on ‘master’ branches in git.

*Timeline*

The “*String Freeze*” milestone for this release is targeted for *March 7*.
This is the date by which all changes affecting translatable strings must
be complete (so that we have time to request, obtain, and merge
translations before we ship).

The “*Stop Ship Line*” milestone, by which time all planned code changes
must be complete, is targeted for *March 14*.

This means that all work for the release needs to be planned during the
next five weeks, with the goal of *shipping the release on March 20*.

If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Kenn Hussey
Program Manager, Puppet Platform