Hello, Rob!

Thanks for attention.

There is no firewall between PuppetServer and Agent.

As I said before, the PuppetServer port is open and has communication
between them, but every 30 or 40 minutes the PuppetServer port is closed
for 60 seconds and then it stays open again.

The strange thing is that this occurs several times throughout the day. And
in the logs it does not show that the PuppetServer service has been
restarted

Aécio Pires
Book of Puppet => novatec.com.br/livros/puppet
Book of Zabbix => novatec.com.br/livros/zabbix

2018-03-11 9:37 GMT-03:00 Rob Nelson <rnels...@gmail.com>:

> You should probably start by verifying it is listening on port 8140, then
> look at any firewalls between the agents and the master - including
> iptables or other OS-level firewalls - to ensure they are allowing the
> traffic.
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 7:59 AM Aécio <aeciopi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello guys!
>>
>> I have the following problem: every 30 or 40 minutes, I get a
>> notification that port 8140 / TCP (from PuppetServer) is closed and
>> puppet-agent (from client servers) can not get the catalog and / or send
>> reports.
>>
>> Looking at the log in /var/log/puppetlabs/puppetserver/puppetserver.log
>> and watching the process, I saw that the puppetserver service did not stop.
>>
>> Can anyone help me solve this problem?
>>
>> What have I done?
>>
>> 1) I have read the page https://puppet.com/docs/puppet
>> server/2.7/tuning_guide.html
>>
>> 2) I installed PuppetServer 2.8.1 (compatible with Puppet4.x) on a server
>> with 6GB of RAM and 2 vCPU and changed the following settings:
>>
>> # /etc/default/puppetserver
>> JAVA_ARGS = "- Xms2G -Xmx2G"
>>
>> # /etc/puppetlabs/puppetserver/conf.d/puppetserver.conf
>> max-active-instances: 4
>>
>> Unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved.
>>
>> Thanks for the attention and any help.
>>
>> Aécio Pires
>> Book of Puppet => novatec.com.br/livros/puppet
>> Book of Zabbix => novatec.com.br/livros/zabbix
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Puppet Developers" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to puppet-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
>> gid/puppet-dev/CALCxXJhp5806ZZPS9T0KNBUfhcpbeAmEK3C1s3RR8OUO
>> AT9oFw%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CALCxXJhp5806ZZPS9T0KNBUfhcpbeAmEK3C1s3RR8OUOAT9oFw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
> --
> Rob Nelson
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Puppet Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to puppet-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
> gid/puppet-dev/CAC76iT9mmPvWdPHJt6yR31pFiujuVwpvkX_NvgeR7-%
> 3Ddv1-KNQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CAC76iT9mmPvWdPHJt6yR31pFiujuVwpvkX_NvgeR7-%3Ddv1-KNQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Puppet Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to puppet-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CALCxXJgRRcb%3DLSzf8Bh4wO6PHWd7UV2M11UcBRBqgQ6Og_QY6g%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to