On Oct 16, 2009, at 3:07 AM, Bernhard Bock wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> I'm having trouble getting a simple custom type to work.
>>>
>>> Clients are giving me the following error:
>>> "Could not retrieve catalog: Could not find resource type
>>> zypper_repo
>>> at /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes/mgt.pp:33 on node <host.fqdn>"
>
> I'm experiencing the same problem with a custom type in 0.24.8.
>
> The type compiles when called with 'ruby -rpuppet <file>'.
> With irb, I can retrieve the type just fine.
>
> Any chance that it is related to this bug?
> http://projects.reductivelabs.com/issues/2574

If you copy the type into your libdir, or somewhere Ruby will search
for it, does it work there?

If so, that's definitely the problem.

Either way, actually, I'd expect that to be a problem 0.24.8, I think.

--
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at
least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.