Hi Aurelien,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Aurelien Degremont
<aurelien.degrem...@cea.fr> wrote:
> Frederik Wagner a écrit :
>>
>> Hi .*,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there is a way to have a virtual resource realize
>> other virtual resources which it requires.
>>
>> Background: I want to create a module which provides all possible
>> mountpoints from a NAS Filer as virtual resources, like @mount{xyz}.
>> These mounts depend on some directory which must exists, and should
>> only be created if the mount is realized (furthermore some nfs client
>> options are only needed to be set if a nfs mount takes place at all).
>>
>> I would think that something like the following would do the job, but
>> it doesn't.
>>
>> in some class:
>> @file{"/mountpoint": ensure => directory }
>>
>> @mount{"/mountpoint":
>>    ...,
>>    require => File["/mountpoint"]
>> }
>>
>> in some other class:
>> Mount<| title == "/mountpoint" |>
>>

>> What am I missing? Or is this not possible at all?
>
> Hello
>
> I never really played with virtual ressources but it seems you forgot to
> also realize the file object for your mountpoint?

this is exactly the point of my problem, I would like to automatically
realize all resources required by the mount without explicitly stating
it in the module realizing the mount. All requirements should be
encapsulated in the module providing the @mount.

Bye
Frederik