On Jun 20, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Psyber wrote:

> Anyone have any ideas on adding a default header to puppet managed
> files and templates?
> This might be tricky because of the different methods of adding
> comments for different types of files but I'm certainly open to
> suggestions that would enforce the existence of a header.

I manage:
1) Config files that use "#" or ";" for comments.
2) Html files that use <!-- --> for comments.
3) Pxe config files that use "#" for comments.
4) Binary files that can't have comments.

The problem is there's no easy way for puppet to know what format comments are
in.  There's no common comment format that will work with all files.  "#"
comments are the most common, but nowhere near universal.