On Jul 21, 2010, at 4:47 AM, Harihara Vinayakaram wrote:

> I found this reply from one of the users in the same thread . The
> solution was to
> 1) Copy the existing /etc/rc.local to /etc/rc.local.orig
> 2) Replace the /etc/rc.local with a script that run puppetd , moves /
> etc/rc.local.orig to /etc/rc.local  , reboot

Just some things to keep in mind:
*) If puppet hangs in rc.local, the startup process will hang in some distros.
*) If puppet's not daemonized, and puppet returns an error, rc.local will stop
executing in some distros.
*) Make sure that nothing changes rc.local back until puppet successfully
finishes the first run.

> On Jul 20, 10:28 pm, Patrick Mohr <kc7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Tore <tore.lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> We use Satellite to kickstart our nodes. Have you tried to do this
>>> after %post?
>>
>>> kickstart-file, I've removed a few lines:
>>
>>> install
>>> text