On Jul 21, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Anyone,
>
> How can I guarantee that all components of the LDAP client module get
> installed before ANY components of any other module?

Use 2.6.x and use run stages.

-OR-

Use 0.25.x and make all User and Package resources depend on that class.

> This is another one of those situations where the ability to have
> modules fully installed in order they are listed would be hugely
> beneficial.

Making everything install in the order it's listed means you can't explicitly
specify dependencies.  Explicit dependencies are one of the reasons I really
like using puppet over shell scripts.