On Oct 22, 2010, at 10:39 AM, dagrundy wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I read in an earlier post at
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=autosign+issues#query:autosign%20issues+page:1+mid:we6jrbn7hdjnhrie+state:results
>
> that as of puppet v24.4, autosigning did not support IP addresses.  I
> am running v25.5.  Is this still the case?

I don't think this is supported.  How do you want it to work?  Are you saying
that any certificate request from a given range should be autosigned, or are
you saying that the ipaddress should be made into the certificate name?  The
first sounds like a huge security hole to me, and the second isn't very hard to
do if you manually set certname (on the client) before the first startup.  Then
you use that name in your autosign.conf.