Hi all,

I am trying to use @@sshkey{...} and Sshkey <<| |>> to share host keys
between compute nodes. It does work! But there is a weird issue. The same
host key entry of each node will add into ssh_known_host again after
restarted puppet each time. I only need one entry for each node in
ssh_known_hosts. What should I do? Here is the code:

class ssh {
        @@sshkey { "$hostname":
                key     => $sshrsakey,
                type    => ssh-rsa,
                name    => ["$hostname,","$hostname.$domain,","$ipaddress"],
        }
        Sshkey <<| |>>
}

Even if enforced to remove /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts before collection using
the following modified code, the result is same.

class ssh {
        file { "/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts":
                ensure => absent
        }

        @@sshkey { "$hostname":
                key     => $sshrsakey,
                type    => ssh-rsa,
                name    => ["$hostname,","$hostname.$domain,","$ipaddress"],
                require => File["/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts"]
        }
        Sshkey <<| |>>
}

The default mode of ssh_known_hosts created by the above code is 600. I
tried to change it to 644 using the following code:

class ssh {
        file { "/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts":
                ensure => absent
        }

        @@sshkey { "$hostname":
                key     => $sshrsakey,
                type    => ssh-rsa,
                name    => ["$hostname,","$hostname.$domain,","$ipaddress"],
                require => File["/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts"]
        }
        Sshkey <<| |>>

        File <| title == "/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts" |> {
                mode => 644

But it is still 600.

How can I limit to only one host key entry for each node in ssh_known_hosts
and change its mode to 644?

Thanks,
Goodman