I love this package, but I had some conflicts with my existing puppetmaster
configuration.  This is what I did (probably very overkill) that fixed all the
conflicts.  I haven't had this trouble with new servers.  I've only had this
problem with servers that had puppet+passenger configured manually.

If feasible, you should do this before installing:
        Uninstall all gems that you installed manually with the "gem" command.
        Backup /etc/puppet and /var/lib/puppet just in case.
        Move (not copy) your /etc/puppet/puppet.conf to a safe location. (Like
/root/whatever)
        Remove any files you created for puppet that are in /etc/apache2/mods-*
and /etc/apache2/sites-*
        Purge the existing version of the passenger deb.

After install:
        Merge your existing /etc/puppet/puppet.conf with your backup.