On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Kent wrote:

> Patrick, thanks for the speedy reply once again.
>
> I'm using RHEL5 and Puppet 2.6.1, Passenger 2.2.7, Rack 1.1.0.
>
> From what I've read in this group and in Puppet Labs docs/wikis,
> Debian/Ubuntu users do seem to have an easier time generally than
> CentOS/Red Hat :-\
>
> Can I pass my command-line options to Puppetmasterd in the config.ru
> file?
>
> -Kent

I think so, but I don't think you want to do this.  If the puppetmaster is
working at all under passenger, you should be able to set those settings in
/etc/puppet/puppet.conf.  Here is my config.ru in case that helps:

# a config.ru, for use with every rack-compatible webserver.
# SSL needs to be handled outside this, though.

$0 = "master"

# if you want debugging:
# ARGV << "--debug"

ARGV << "--rack"
require 'puppet/application/master'
# we're usually running inside a Rack::Builder.new {} block,
# therefore we need to call run *here*.
run Puppet::Application[:master].run