On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Brice Figureau
<brice-pup...@daysofwonder.com> wrote:
> On 09/12/10 21:36, Chris C wrote:
>> I planned on moving to Passenger very soon.
>>
>> What about the file server?  Is there any worth in moving from
>> nfs/autofs to puppet fileserver?
>
> The only reason I can see is security, access control and auditing.
> Every access is protected through SSL, can be logged and passes through
> the authorization layer (ie fileserver.conf).

I think there's another big benefit to using the internal fileserver.

Your manifest and file source changes are synchronized in lock-step.

When you're using anything else with it's own replication periods, you
can end up with frustrating situations where a manifest has updated
but a file hasn't.

Nigel Kersten - Puppet Labs -  http://www.puppetlabs.com