On 3/4/2011 12:23 AM, Alan Barrett wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011, Rich Rauenzahn wrote:
It seems someone got clever and decided to look at exec's and look for managed filenames in argument lists and create implicit dependencies from them? Argh!

Yes, the unwanted dependencies are very annoying. Using file names like /dir/subdir/./file instead of /dir/subdir/file is enough to fool the code that adds implicit dependencies.

Ah, what I did instead was just do exec => "diff /.$path1 /.$path2". I was imagining doing much more invasive methods last night. Thanks!