That I can't help you with: I am not familiar with the details of the
inventory service, so now it moved into something that is plausibly a
bug in that I am a bit lost. :)

Is that generated on the client side, or the server side?  Can you
show the inputs and outputs you get when they problem crops up?
Ideally, can you get a trace by setting the 'trace' option to whatever
service is blowing up, if it is on the Puppet side?

If you can, throw that into a ticket, and we will definitely get it fixed.

Thanks,
    Daniel

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 19:04, Luke Baker <bake...@missouri.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the assist, that seemed to help. However now I'm seeing
> this when I try to view Inventory data,
>
> Could not retrieve facts from inventory service: can't dup NilClass
>
> On Mar 20, 1:42 pm, Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
>> The odds are, no, because your problem looks to be a miscompiled JSON gem -
>> it doesn't match the Ruby you are running.
>>
>> Try reinstalling it and your problem should go away.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Daniel
>> --
>> Puppet Labs Developer –http://puppetlabs.com
>> Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>
>> Contact me via gtalk, email, or phone: +1 (877) 575-9775
>> Sent from a mobile device. Please forgive me if this is briefer than usual.
>> On Mar 19, 2011 5:45 PM, "Luke Baker" <bake...@missouri.edu> wrote:> I've
>> recently upgraded to puppet-2.6.7rc1 and the latest dashboard to
>> > try out the new inventory service. However, whenever I try to examine
>> > inventory data (browse a node on dashboard) mongrel exits with these
>> > error,
>>
>> > ruby: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/json-1.5.1/ext/
>> > json/ext/json/ext/parser.so: undefined symbol: RSTRING_PTR
>>
>> > Has anyone else encountered this?
>>
>> > --
>> group at
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
✉ Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>
✆ Contact me via gtalk, email, or phone: +1 (877) 575-9775
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons