On May 13, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Chris Phillips wrote:

> Why would you ever want to trust a time stamp from the client instead of just
> using your own time as you receive the report?

In my case, when I run the import rake task, it imports stored reports that
might be old.  This means that the time the report is imported into the server
is wrong and the time inside the report is correct.  I also hope that someday
puppet will have a system that can automatically queue reports that can't be
sent and automatically send them later, though I'll admit I haven't even cared
enough to file a bug report.  If this happens, you'd again want to trust the
client's time instead of the server's time.

If the system clock was wrong, I'm surprised SSL worked.

If the timezone was different, I'd suggest filing a bug report related to
puppet not using the timezone properly.