On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:50, Robin Lee Powell
<rlpow...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:35:10PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>>
>> I'm installing puppet from git per instructions in another thread.
>>
>> The instructions given at
>> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/installation.html for installing
>> puppet from source lead to it dumping things all over my Ruby, which
>> I really wasn't expecting and doesn't work well with our
>> environment.
>>
>> (1) How do I uninstall it?

Sadly, the Ruby install tools don't provide any useful mechanism for
this.  For better or worse, we just use those, rather than building
something else on top.  (...although if someone identified a mechanism
that we could just pick up and use that would solve this we would
totally integrate it.)

>> (2) How do I turn the git source into a gem?
>
> Figured (2) out; still wondering about the other.  I have all the
> install output, so I can just rm everything, but I'm assuming
> there's something cleaner than that?

Not that I am aware of.  Good for you, saving the output, too.

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
✉ Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>