Hello...

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 19:19 +0000, Nigel Kersten wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Christopher McCrory <chris...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello...
> >
> >  I ran into a buglet in facter 1.5.9rc6 (from tmz repo).  In normal AWS
> > instances it works great.  In VPC instances if doesn't work.  This seems
> > to be because VPC instances don't use the fe:ff:ff:... MAC addresses.
>
> Thanks Chris. I've put this in as:
>
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/7559

w00t!

> and this will cause us to cut another RC for Facter 1.5.9

FWIW, personally, I'd rather have a facter release that works in regular
(most?) EC2 instances than waiting for a fix for this buglet.  VPC EC2
instances are probably not in use by very many people and the VPC EC2
servers I found this bug on are not production.

<snip>

p.s. I really like the Portland,OR train system.  $2.35 from downtown to
the airport beats a $20-$50 cab in LA anyday.

--
Christopher McCrory
To the optimist, the glass is half full.