On Jun 20, 5:15 pm, "lucas.brig...@ymail.com" <grillobri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I actually posted about the problem with "tar".
> I decided to modify the module to not depend on "tar" installed.
>
> But I realized that any command that has parameters to run, the same problem
> occurswhen using this command:
>
> exec {"$ tar-vzxf downdir} {wordpress.tar.gz"
>                  path => ["/ usr / local / bin", "/ opt / local / bin", "/
> usr / bin", "/ usr / sbin"]
>          }

The path in that command is broken: there should be no whitespace
around the slashes.  That could easily be enough to make the Exec
fail.  Beyond the whitespace problem, that path also does not contain
the standard (LSB) location of the tar command (/bin), which would
certainly make the Exec fail if you do not have a copy of tar or a
link to it in one of the directories you do specify.  On the third
hand, the code you posted contains at least two syntax errors, so who
knows what you're really using.

> But when I run for example:
> exec {"ps"}
>
> The error did not occur previously posted.

Here you are relying on the default path provided by Puppet, which is
not documented to work.  The docs say that you should either use a
fully-qualified command (e.g. "/bin/ps") or specify a search path that
can resolve the command (e.g. [ "/bin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/usr/
sbin" ]; note no whitespace in the directory names).  I don't know
what Puppet provides as a default, but it must include "/bin".

John