On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Kyle Hall <kyle.m.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>  New puppet user here. I've been able to create and use my own puppet
> modules, but I'm at a loss on how to use modules from PuppetForge,
> which seem quite a bit more advanced. For example, I've installed the
> camptocamp/apt module via the command 'puppet-module install
> camptocamp/apt' into /etc/puppet/modules. I then tried to add the
> following code to one of my manifests:
>
>        apt::sources_list {"google-chrome":
>                ensure  => present,
>                content => "deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/
> stable main",
>        }
>
>        apt::key {"A040830F7FAC5991":
>                source  =>
> "https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub";
>        }
>
>        package { 'google-chrome-stable' :
>                ensure => latest,
>                require => File['google-chrome-apt-repository'],
>        }
>
> When I run the agent, I get an error stating that apt::sources_list is
> an invalid resource type. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've spent
> the last couple hours searching for an answer, and have yet to find
> anything that spells it out.

Kyle,

You're not doing anything wrong, the utility is.

The currently released version of the puppet-module tool has a bug
where the module installed doesn't itself follow Puppet's autoloader
conventions.

You'll have /etc/puppet/modules/camptocamp-apt, but Puppet's
autoloader is expecting the module to live at /etc/puppet/modules/apt

You can simply move the module into the correct place.

I've also just fixed this bug a couple of days ago and it will "do the
right thing" in the next release.

--
Jeff McCune
Puppet Labs