These is another question, i have many defines which will apply an
application to sepcified path, called as:

application::add { "app1": path => "/var/app1" }

by this i can apply app1 and app2 in node1, app3 and app4 in node2, etc.

now, how do i switch this to a class? Need i create a seperate class for all
the apps although the only difference is the path?

2011/6/21 Chris Phillips <ch...@untrepid.com>

> I would see a principle whereby nodes should not ever be defined within
> the manifest code at all. To me the manifests should be written to be very
> generic, and then use ENC's to modify their behaviour at a "user" level.
> There is still a lot of inconsistency within Puppet as to how device
> specific data can be obtained (extlookup is very useful but rides roughshod
> over other architectural principles) but I try to stick to keeping all
> manifests generic. I write manifests to manage a package, then create a
> group in dashboard to relate that function to a business need and then a
> node into that group.
>

> On 21 June 2011 14:48, Martin Willemsma <mwillem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We use /etc/puppet/node-definitions/*.pp in site.pp similar to what Carles
>> is saying.
>>
>> [node-definitions] is a git repo thats being synced on both puppermasters.
>> This happens on every push to origin
>>
>> We use the 'default' node which does the baseline configuration based on a
>> 'role'
>>
>> In a separate file $fqdn.pp I place the definitions for a node.
>>
>> Are there more people using this kind of approach?
>>

>> ---
>> Martin
>>

>> 2011/6/21 Carles Amigó <carles.am...@softonic.com>
>>
>>> We had the same problem and we just separated each node (or group of
>>> nodes) in one file and then we load them using the following syntax:
>>>
>>>        import "nodes/*.pp"
>>>
>>> You could also organize those files in subdirectories if you like so:
>>>
>>>        import "nodes/*/*.pp"
>>>
>>> The only problem we've found with this approach is when creating new
>>> files, puppetmaster takes a while to "see" them.
>>>

>>> El 20/06/2011 5:25, flex escribió:
>>>
>>>  We have many modules and many nodes, every node may use different

>>> --
>>> .
>>>

>>  --
>>

>  --

System Administrator, Focus on System Management and Basic Development