On Jun 22, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Martin Alfke wrote:

> On 06/22/2011 11:29 PM, Craig White wrote:
>> Perhaps this is a Debian/Ubuntu question and not a puppet problem but...
>>
>> Seems as though the key is good but the install failed.
>>
>> # apt-key list
>> /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
>> --------------------
>> --- snip ---
>>
>> pub   2048R/7F0CEB10 2010-02-05
>> uid                  Richard Kreuter <rich...@10gen.com>
>>
>> and the 7F0CEF10 key (10gen) is the key in question
>>
>> anyway, puppet failed to install the package and running the install from
>> the command line, I can sort of see why...
>
> You need to run apt-get update after import of the key.
> apt-get install will read from local cache which still has no
> information regarding the key.
----
duh... I figured that out yesterday and 'replied' but apparently only to myself
and not the list (not used to Apple Mail)

this is what I wrote...

Solved...

apparently just a matter of apt-get update

sheesh

in my modules/apt/manifests/apt.pp I have

 exec{"/usr/bin/apt-get update":
   refreshonly => true,
   subscribe   => File["/etc/apt/sources.list"],
   require     => File["/etc/apt/sources.list"],
 }

is there any way I can be certain that it happens?

Craig