On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:21 AM, treydock <treyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I was thinking would be the case, but since the
> puppetmaster files are also installed in OS X, that must by why a
> puppet user is required.  So is there a way to do a "client only"
> install of Puppet in OS X?

Puppet 2.6+ is a single executable puppet <command>. The difference
between master and client is just some configuration files and whether
the master service is enabled. Client only is really just install
puppet, configure and enable agent only. You can see an example from
ubuntu natty puppetmaster package:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/all/puppetmaster/filelist

Thanks,

Nan