Hi,

On 13/07/11 2:03 PM, newguy wrote:
Hi guys
I have a small question, I have 3 environments in puppet.conf file:

[development]
modulepath=/etc/puppet/development/modules
manifests=/etc/puppet/development/manifests/site.pp

I have defined the site.pp path, my question is do I need to make a
nodes.pp for every environment??????
yes, if you're not using an ENC.
I'm not using an ENC yet, so I keep all my node defs in nodes.pp (included by site.pp)
But I only edit the nodes.pp in dev, and then promote it as required.

That's ok for me, but it's not so good for the rest of the team so an ENC is going in very soon (probably Foreman)

Cheers