On Sep 1, 2011, at 7:30 AM, treydock wrote:

> My understanding of the internals of how Winbind/Samba store and cache
> AD account information is a bit lacking, but could this be that it
> just took time for the groups/users to get cached?  Authentication and
> all other functions relying on these groups worked just fine from the
> beginnining.
----
just a word of warning - nscd (name server caching daemon) is known to cause
problems with winbindd and samba.org has long since strongly recommended not to
run it if you are obtain user/group/host info from winbindd.

You can probably see the contents at any given time by using tdbdump utility
from samba packaging to dump winbind.tdb (should be in /var/cache/samba on your
RH/CentOS) - I think... I am using Ubuntu which doesn't seem to automatically
install tdb utilities and I don't use winbindd at all.

Craig