On 21 Jul 2011, at 19:02, John Lyman wrote:

> I would be especially interested if anyone has a good way to manage /
> etc/system.  I am currently using the concat module, but it's not the
> best method.  I know the "puppet way" would be to use augeas, but I
> haven't had any luck compiling it with sun studio and don't want to go
> the gcc route for various reasons.

Hi John,

Check out the OpenCSW Puppet/Facter/Augeas/ruby-augeas stack.

Older versions are available straight from the opencsw.org main pages,
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWaugeas/ - but I've also built
newer versions, which can be retrieved from the experimental area:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#markp

If you want to build your own rather than use the opencsw stack, you
could check out the build source in SVN:

https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/augeas/trunk/

Regards,

--Mark