You can see results like this if you have the same fact in multiple
places; one thing to check would be what `facter --puppet` returns,
since that includes any facts that were sent to the client through
pluginsync.

Daniel

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:34, Adrien Thebo <adr...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> Okay, that's seriously weird. The only thing that comes to mind is
> that running facter on the command line is using one version of
> facter, and puppet's using another. Could you post the output of
> facter and puppet with the architecture, operatingsystem, and
> facterversion facts?
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Alexander Azarov <alaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:27:01 PM UTC+4, Adrien Thebo wrote:
>>>
>>> Could you post the operatingsystem fact alongside the architecture
>>> fact for facter by itself, and then the facts as presented by puppet?
>>
>> r3:/var/log# facter | grep -e '\(operatingsys\|architec\)'
>> architecture => amd64
>> operatingsystem => Debian
>> operatingsystemrelease => 6.0.3
>>
>> r3:/var/log# puppet agent --test
>> notice: operatingsystem='Debian' architecture='x86_64'
>> notice: /Stage[main]/Nginx/Notify[operatingsystem='Debian'
>> architecture='x86_64']/message: defined 'message' as
>> 'operatingsystem='Debian' architecture='x86_64''

>> --

⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons