G'day.  I can't be sure this is your problem, but one difference
between the 2.6 series and the 2.7 series is that we changed the
master/agent interaction to use POST rather than GET for facts.

Specifically, we changed that because once you get too many bytes of
facts we would get a message that looks very, very much like that one
out of the web server - which rejected the long GET request line.  The
limit varies by server, too, which is a pain - and because this
happens before Puppet got hold of the content we couldn't do much more
about it.

You might want to try upgrading to the 2.7 series and see if that
improves the situation for you.

Daniel

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 13:27, Ganesh Sharma <worldiswelc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to re-iterate, it's working fine when I run puppetmaster from
> the /etc/init.d/puppetmaster.
>
> On Dec 13, 2:24 am, Ganesh Sharma <worldiswelc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> In puppet 2.6.9, I'm trying to run it with passenger.
>> Details are as below:
>> 1. Puppet: 2.6.9
>> 2. Rack: 1.2.2
>> 3. Passenger: 3.0.7
>> 4. OS: CentOS 6
>>
>> Error encountered at client:
>> ---------------------
>> err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
>> err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: excessive message
>> size
>>
>> I've
>> followed:https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/tree/master/ext/rackhttp://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Using_Passenger
>>
>> Can someone help me move in right direction?
>>
>> ---
>> Thanks
>> Ganesh

⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons