On 2011-20-12 16:21, Walter Heck wrote:
looks nice so far, wish we could have this in geppetto soon :)

cheers,

--
Walter Heck

Just a quick note regarding Geppetto in this respect, and to let you know what the plans are (I am not trying to hijack this thread :)...

In geppetto I have added "Potential Problems" preferences and started implementing additional "lint checks". The ambition is to add every check that is semantic in nature. Each of the checks are configurable (ignore, warning, error), and they are set to warning by default.

The first couple of such checks will be available in the 2.1.2 release, which is almost ready.

Also plan to add support for the formatting related "lints", but this is delayed due to deficiencies in the underlying formatter that is used. Waiting for an improved formatter framework to be available. When that is in place, it is possible to control it in a more fine grained way, and thus, rather than complaining that the formatting is off, you can simply format everything using the policy (or tweak it if you don't want to stick to the party-line).

Regards
- henrik