On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:19, Tom De Vylder <t...@penumbra.be> wrote:

> How about this:
>
> package { 'puppetmaster/squeeze-backports':
>  ensure => installed,
> }
>
> Looks a lot easier to me. It takes all the dependencies it needs from
> squeeze when available.
> If it can't find any suitable dependencies it will try to use backports
> instead, but only for the requested package.

Is that documented behaviour? I couldn't find that anywhere when I was
looking for it ;)
Although I think that does almost the same as pinning? From what I
understand pinning will take the packages from backports if the required
dependencies cannot be found in squeeze? It will just look to satisfy
dependencies in squeeze first.

cheers,

--
Walter Heck