Judging from the things you wrote here, you need a bit more
understanding of how puppet works with modules. Also, I see that that
specific module implements a define called lvm::volume, so your
manifest should be implementing a resource like so:

 lvm::volume {'setvolume':
         vg => 'myvg',
         pv => '/dev/sdb',
         fstype => 'ext3',
         name => 'mylv',
         size =>'8G',
         }

best of luck!

Walter

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 14:45, Luke <lutay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am finding the documentation pretty poor on this. Can someone please
> help?
>
> I don't understand why I can't pass my variables.
>
> On Jan 17, 10:56 am, Luke <lutay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i would like to use the module puppet-lvm and would like to pass
>> values to it.
>>
>> I have it setup properly as a module but I can't for the lfe of me get
>> it to take any values that I put in my baseconfig.pp in my home
>> folder.
>>
>> like shouldn't something like this work??
>>
>> puppet-lvm {'setvolume':
>>         vg => 'myvg',
>>         pv => '/dev/sdb',
>>         fstype => 'ext3',