I have created a class for the root user that uses the "User resource"
to manages the root password.  All seems to work well and as expected
when I use puppetd -vt on a machine (or if I restart the service on
the client) but during a regular polling event the password is not
changed and when I go into the dashboard I can see that the event for
running my class is run.  Just to make sure the clients are working
properly, I added a line to a managed file and got the expected
results of the file being replaced.

Is this expected behaviour that I don't know about?  Is there a way to
put a client puppetd process into debug and trace so I can see the
results?

Any thoughts?
Thanks a lot
Andre