On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:06, Juri Rischel Jensen
<juri.risc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been playing a bit with the puppet node install command, and I
> was wondering if I should change to using puppet installed as a gem
> instead of deb/rpm/whatever? That would allow me to use the very
> latest puppet versions, without building my own deb/rpm packages or
> waiting for them to become available upstream.
>
> What's your thoughts on this...?

Gems are generally a pretty bad user experience for install - we have
lots of feedback here to indicate that they cause lots of headaches.

I would suggest, instead, that you either use the OS packages we
produce, or roll your own deb or RPM package that you can easily
enough track trunk with.

--
Daniel Pittman
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com