A while back I stumbled on
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/CatalogServiceArchitecture.

What's the status of the Catalog Service Architecture?  I couldn't
find references to it on this list

I ask because I've been working on part of the Aeolus Project
(www.aeolusproject.org) for post launch bootstrapping called Audrey
(https://github.com/aeolusproject/audrey).  Part of the functionality
provided by Audrey's configuration server is to coordinate
configuration parameters between various launching guests in a cloud
provider.

We're looking to more closely integrate with established configuration
engines (such as puppet).  If there is work underway on the Catalog
Service Architecture, it would be nice to see how we could tie in our
concept of sharing configuration parameters.  At the moment, our idea
of integrating with configuration engines is a very loosely defined
idea.  So, there's a decent amount of room for interpretation.

I understand that storeconfigs is the current mechanism for sharing
configuration values between puppet-configured systems.  But, that
those configuration values are not collected in a central location for
reporting, etc...

Any information that can be provided about the Catalog Service, the
status, how it's going to work, etc., is much appreciated!

(Also, if this should actually be posted to puppet-developers, please
let me know)

Thanks!

---
 Greg