Hi,

On 02/07/2012 01:56 PM, jimbob palmer wrote:
>> sorry for jumping to conclusions, but your questions suggest that you're
>> > committed to some rather horribly design ideas.
> Then please educate me! What's horrible about it?

There are few use cases for parameterized classes, and also few for
inheritance. Combining them could be considered an advanced concept.
There is nothing here that suggests you need either technique.

No offense, I just want to keep people (you) from shooting yourselves in
the feet.

>> > Can you add some meat to your inquiry? What are your trying to achieve?
> I have a class which represents a group of yum repositories
> (something::blah) and that class calls each repository
> (something::aaa)

You probably want to create a custom type like

define my_yum_repo($url) {
  yum_repo { $name: ...
}

Then you can use it like this:

class something {
  my_yum_repo {
    "internal_repo1": url => "http://...";;
    "internal_repo2": ... ;

Sorry if doesn't hit the spot, your problem description is still rather
abstract.

HTH,
Felix