On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 01:18, Dig Deeper <deeepdig...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have about 20+ nodes managed with Puppet, and they all have names
> like xyz-123. I added a description to each of them (e.g. like "test
> build server", "production DB 1", etc.).
>
> Now what I would like, is to have these description strings displayed
> in the dashboard tables (e.g. All, Unresponsive, etc.) as an extra
> column next to Node name. This would help in identifying much quicker
> whats going on, or whats wrong.
>
> Any way to enable that?

No, not as part of the product.  You could obviously patch Dashboard,
which wouldn't be impossibly hard, but it isn't in by default.

You could also file a feature request asking that it be added, which
helps let the folks working on that product know what you care about.

--
Daniel Pittman
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com