Hey,

In Puppet Enterprise, we have a cronjob that runs every 15 minutes that
does a `facter --yaml` and redirects to a file on disk. This file is what
MCollective reads for fact information. You could also add the --puppet
flag that will use Puppet's $vardir for custom fact information.  Puppet
would then just ensure that the cronjob was installed.  That would solve
the problem of Puppet changing this file on every run.

As far as I'm aware, I don't believe there's a method of having the
Dashboard ignore an event.

--

Gary Larizza
Professional Services Engineer