On Wednesday, April 18, 2012, Chris Donovan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, filename is what is supposed to be there.  That's not my issue
> however though, my issue is that it doesn't load / run properly.
>
> If puppet 2.7.6 still does not run functions on the client then that's
> great, and I'll write a provider, and possibly a type.

Puppet only executes functions on the master - that's by design. Custom
facts are executed in the client.

You might want to look at the file_line type (
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/blob/11156fd29a6ccee64663a5a32cf0b37d1867cfb0/lib/puppet/type/file_line.rb)
or Augeas to modify lines in a file.