All sounds very good...

Here’s what’s new:

  * Hiera data keys can be namespaced
      o (e.g. 'dns::nameserver': '8.8.8.8')

Namespace scoping is defiantly a massive improvement to Hiera - Im curious how this affects back ends though... Will lookup("nameserver") called from Puppet in a class called DNS be always mapped to dns::nameserver and that value passed as the lookup key to Hiera and on to whatever back end you're using? If so is that going to make existing Hiera setups incompatible?

  * Namespaced data will automatically populate class parameters
      o (e.g. 'dns::nameserver' will be automatically looked up for the
        $nameserver parameter when you include dns)

I currently try and achieve this with using blah/%{calling_module} in my hierarchy and therefore class dns ( $nameserver=hiera("nameserver" ) will look for nameserver: in blah/dns.yaml which also adds some nice grouping/separation for setups with many Hiera enabled modules - will the use of %{calling_module} still be supportable?

Also - is there any indication that tying a lookup to a particular back end may be supported at some point? (http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/12951)

Sounds like a lot of great new functionality though, looking forward to testing it out!

Craig

--
Craig Dunn | http://www.craigdunn.org
Yahoo/Skype: craigrdunn | Twitter: @crayfishX